A Day for Baking!

I LOVE to bake. I feel that nothing shows your family you love them like baking yummy treats....or at least nothing gets them to actually notice that you love them...like yummy treats.

Last year I started making a serious effort to always have warm, homemade cookies or another type of treat ready when Alex got off the bus.
I was surprised how much it meant to not only him..but everyone in the house. And I started finding ways to make baking a little quicker and more efficient as Liberty always wanted to help and Bean always wanted ME.

Today I made a recipe that I 'invented'. I'm sure there is an existing recipe out there...I just have never run across it. So, I thought I'd share both the recipe and hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as my house has :-D

Serendipity S'mores

Ingredients:


1 bag Large Marshmallows

1 bag chocolate chips or 6 blocks chocolate Bark



1 box graham cracker crumbs




Prep Work:

  • Place approx. 1/2 c. of graham cracker crumbs in a bowl (it's better to add more as needed so that you don't end up with too much extra)


  • place marshmallows in a bowl: this allows them to 'fluff up'

  • Line one or two cookie sheets with wax paper

  • lay out bowl for Melted chocolate

  • Place all the above in an easy to reach location next to each other

Begin the Fun:

  • Melt Chocolate: (I did use a double boiler and found it to be a GREAT way to do it w/out burning the chocolate and it helped to keep it from cooling) Stir until completely melted and smooth





  • Place melted chocolate in bowl (This is if little people will be helping..otherwise you can leave in double boiler to help keep soft)

  • Dip one end of marshmallow in chocolate..then roll in Graham cracker crumbs (Placing a Popsicle stick in one end of marshmallow adds a fun touch and makes eating a little less messy!!!)

  • Set chocolate dipped side down on wax paper and let cool




That's it! Now eat 'em up and enjoy!


Let me know how you liked 'em!!

No comments: