Yes, I'm a little late posting today. Okay, very late.
It's been a busy weekend full of work, school, baseball, and meeting up with old friends.
It's also been a weekend full of very hot humid weather and no air conditioning. So the guy is coming to fix it on Wednesday. The problem? My basement is beyond disgusting. Beyond. There's all kind of animal 'left overs' from the previous people, but I was preggers when we moved in and somehow I just never got down there to clean it. Combined with the leaky window that fills half the basement with water whenever it rains..and you have my nasty basement. So I spent 3.5 hours today cleaning up the nastiest of the nastiest. I was covered in the grossest of the grossest. I took a shower. I got all cleaned. And now I'm finally posting.
After the day I had running across a post on Thought Mechanics was just what I needed. Here's the post:
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven’t played Solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don’t have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12 You’re reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn’t#9 on this list
AND NOW YOU ARE LAUGHING at yourself.
Go on, forward this (or post it) to your friends. You know you want to.
I really did laugh. I'm totally guilty of #10. I walk in kitchen, hit the mouse to see my e-mail box, then start making coffee.
#11 isn't one I've done..but I have almost responded to people while talking with the letters LOL or LMAO. Yeah, I'm a dork.
I hope this gave you a much needed smile on this Monday :-)