The Movies You Should See
Part one




We love to go to the moves and occasionally even the old style drive-in theater in the nearby town . One of the hardest things for me is that I will see a movie that looks so amazing and good and then completely forget about it until I find out it's been released.

I originally began this post planning on sharing with you all the movies I thought noteworthy. The problem? Turns out there's a lot of 'em out there that I didn't even know about!

So instead of making this post boring as all hades to long and slow I decided to do my first series. The rest of this week I will be giving you info and a trailer for 3-5 movies daily. These will be movies coming out this year..or movies coming out in the next few years that look good enough to actually mention now! I've even added a few that have already been released just because I wish I had seen them sooner!

So grab some popcorn, sit back and watch the trailers. Then let me know what you think and what you plan on going to see!

This Year's Releases:


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix:


Release Date: July 11, 2007

I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter series. This is the 5th (and supposedly last) in the movie series. Be warned each one has become progressively more intense and violent. Liberty is only allowed to watch the 3rd on with me and Alex is only allowed to watch the 4th one with me, and Liberty is not allowed to watch it at all. I am guessing this will also be one I wouldn't let either of them watch. But Mommy can't wait!





National Treasure: The Book of Secrets


Release Date: December 21, 2007

I loved the first movie. The graphics, the history, the puzzle and the total family friendliness. I am very very excited to find out there is a sequel and it looks just as fun.





Transformers


Release Date: July 3, 2007 @ Midnight


I am a total sucker for this kind of cool effects movie. For others (like Prince Charming) it's all about a (hopefully) good remake of a childhood classic. Either way I am really looking forward to this pre-destined blockbuster.









Gracie


Release Date: June 1, 2007

This is the type of movie that you want your daughter to watch. The kind where a girl overcomes all the nay-sayers and all the doubt and learns to be what and who she truly is in life. It's the girl-power follow your dreams feel good kinda movie :-) Look for it on dvd soon as it's already been released.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just FYI:
All three main stars have already agreed and contracted to do movies 6 and 7. In fact, I believe the next movie begins filming this fall. Go Harry!

Anonymous said...

Martha - Really??!! I had thought this was the last one! YEY!

Hi, My name is Chris..And I'm a Harry Potter Addict ;-)

Anonymous said...

It is really bad when she wants me to break out my Hagrid costume. Makes the bedroom look like Hogwarts and screams in Latin.... Yeah she's an addict..

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

Am I a bad person because I haven't watched any of the Harry Potter movies????? I just thought that they were kid movies. I guess I'm going to have to put them on my Netflix list now.
I never get to go to the movies unless it's a kid movie but this past weekend we went to see Shrek 3 and it was really good. I highly recommend it.
Also, last night we watched (on DVD of course) the movie Shooter with Mark Wahlburg. It was awesome!
I can't wait for your next post with the next part of your list!

Anonymous said...

P.C. - HAHA ;-)

Tracy - NO. You are not a bad person. However you are now required to view them within the next two weeks. Otherwise I'll have to hurt ya ;-) Okay..not really. But seriously...you should see them!