I woke up this morning and after my initial thought of "OMG, do I have to wake up now!" came the thought "I love smelling my coffee when I wake up." As the morning progressed I found myself focusing happily on small mundane details.
I'm not usually a negative person, but things have been tough lately and sometimes it's been hard to find a reason to smile. A day when the little things give me a smile, is always a good day.
- The smell of fresh brewed coffee
- An empty sink with no dirty dishes waiting
- Only one load of laundry to get done
- Hearing the sleepy 'Good Morning Mommy' from my babies
- Listening to Alex and Liberty chat, with no arguing, through breakfast
- Being able to open up the front door as soon as I wake up...fresh air!!
- 'Monkey Baby' hug
- Bean watching one of my favorite 'Little Bear' episode (yea, I'm a dork)
- Slipping easily into my favorite jeans again
- Feeling happy and content