I love you Moll Doll

Molls and I have been best friends for 15 years (minus two years in our late teens/early twenties when we weren't speaking but missed each other desperatly).

We met when she was a freshman and I was a sophomore in highschool (She tried stealing my boyfriend (okay..so she didn't even know about me)...wish I would have let her have him now!), and we've been inseperable ever since.


She loves me. And I love her. We often joke that we are just like boyfriend/girlfriend with out the sex stuff. Almost never in 15 years have we gotten off the phone with each other without saying 'I love you'. And tonight...tonight I am so
thankful for that.

She called me
earlier, just like we do every night, only this time it was different. She had nearly died.

The weather here is horrendous and gearing up to be worse and on her way home from Reffing a game she hit an icy patch on an interstate bridge, spun a few times and ended up facing the wrong way with a semi heading straight for her. By some amazing miracle the semi maneuvered around her and her car stopped almost two inches from the guard rail. Some how She was safe. And, just for honorable mention, so was her car. (When she mentioned this to me I said rather loudly and not so PG rated: 'Frack the car...I'm just glad you're okay!)

I honestly can not tell you what I would have done if anything had
happened to her. A huge piece of me would have been shattered forever. She has been
more than a sister to me for as long as I can remember. I have shared ever detail of my life with her and always been honest with her about who I am. And she's never once held that against me..good or bad. When she called me tonight she said how glad she was that we always say 'I love you' when we get off the phone.

So I just wanted to remind you...Make sure the people you truly love don't just know it...make sure they hear it.


2 comments:

Ms. Suzy said...

Oh my goodness!! That is so scary!! What a relief she's okay!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, she was pretty freaked out last night. She couldn't believe she came out without a scratch.